Trust Objectives 2016 - 2019
The Multi Academy Trust has clear strategic aims built on our mission and values. Our three year corporate business plan sets out the following objectives to ensure that, as a Trust, all stakeholder groups understand and have belief in our approach. We will deliver:
This will be done through the provision of a Board of Directors that acts in the best interests of the Trust and governs lawfully in accordance with its Articles of Association. The Directors will demonstrate clear governance arrangements and visionary leadership to enhance and embed effective working relationships. The Board will ensure there are effective support structures in place to deliver: a clear oversight of the academy operations, appropriate support structures for sustainability and achieve the best possible economies.
School Improvement - Teaching & Learning:
This will be delivered through ensuring that our academies provide the very best teaching in order to promote and provide high quality learning for the pupils. The Trust will put effective support in place for teachers to achieve this aim.
Continued Professional Development:
We will implement a CPD programme for our academies to ensure that the staff have the right skills to further raise standards, deliver consistently good teaching and learning and disseminate good practice to ensure rapid improvement.
We will ensure that there is a rigorous and robust programme of Quality Assurance that helps to support teachers, build expertise and capacity and raise standards in the academies to deliver positive outcomes for pupils.
Integrated Support and Shared Services:
We will ensure that the Trust has business arrangements that are efficient, effective and enables it to deliver on its commitments. We will include strategies to grow, prosper and deliver value for money across all operations. We will strive to ensure the consistent delivery of best practice, minimisation of risk and also for management of resources to be concentrated to the front line of the academies.
On the journey to deliver against the 3 year corporate objectives in 2017 -18 focus will be on the following:
- enhancing the governance within the Trust Board
- school improvement and effectiveness (with a particular focus on developing leadership)
- to develop a more efficient and effective business model based on business principles
Developing Trust Central Operations
A key strategy is to promote and develop the Trust and also the services we offer to a wider cohort of schools. This means that the academies can focus on improving teaching and learning along with delivering educational excellence. We will work across a range of partnerships, including a small core central team and include professional partners to share good practice and jointly procure services to bring about better value for money and economies of scale. Our approach will be to:
- identify the key services required by schools joining the Trust and develop clear specifications for commissioning such services
- develop a prospectus detailing a range of approved and trusted providers and services to support the academies
- work closely with relevant partners, including Essex and BEP, to understand the range of strategies which they can utilise to support their schools but continue to develop clear Trust services
- develop and document the offer and entry criteria to each type of school likely to consider joining the Trust